This Week's Best Dressed #17 / AmFAR Best Dressed





Happy Bank Holiday weekend everyone! Today's best dressed post is a mix of general events through the week, along with my favourite looks from the AmFAR Gala - because let's be honest, this week has been all about Cannes! I have a full Cannes red carpet best dressed coming up on Wednesday too - so look out for that.
Charlize Theron, Life Ball 2015 Ladies Lunch - I feel like this style of lace is going to be really big this summer, and Charlize's take on the trend in this black dress is spot on. I love the feminine style of the dress, very fitting with the event she was attending. She kept everything else pretty simple with plain black heels and no other accessories. 
Harley Viera-Newton, Cash and Rocket Tour Party - This is a fantastic way to wear florals this spring/summer without standing out too much. Incorporating black into the florals makes them so much more night-time appropriate, as Harley shows here. I love the contrasting pops of red on her lips and nails too.
Naomie Harris, Martell Cognac Anniversary Party - I love a coral dress, and this simple one Naomie Harris wore here is just gorgeous. The colour looks perfect against her skintone and she accessorised perfectly with gold - I think coral and gold is my favourite colour combination.
Chanel Iman, AmFAR Gala - Onto the AmFAR Gala now, and Chanel Iman looked gorgeous in a Zuhair Murad nude and white gown. I love the sheer details on the sleeves, with the lace fading out, and the shape is so feminine and elegant. Chanel kept it really classy with a chic bun updo and gorgeous pearl/gold accessories.
Doutzen Kroes, AmFAR Gala - Doutzen just proves here that blondes can 100% pull off red, with this full length Maison Margiela SS15 dress. It's a pretty simple shape, and I think something that cinched in at the waist a bit may have worked better, but she looks stunning nonetheless. 
Barbara Palvin, AmFAR Gala - Also opting for a red dress was Barbara Palvin, wearing a custom made La Perla dress. I absolutely adore the lace detailing here - can you tell I'm loving lace at the moment?! - and the belt really accentuates her waist. She kept everything else pretty simple, with bare nails and lips, but smoked out her lash line slightly and wore some gorgeous sparkling earrings.
Kendall Jenner, AmFAR Gala - This has to be my favourite look of the night - Kendall Jenner wearing a beautiful purple Calvin Klein Collection dress. First of all - where do I get those abs?! I absolutely love the strappy waist detailing here, and I can imagine this dress being replicated by high street retailers very soon. The colour is so gorgeous, and I can definitely envisage this in a pared down style, that wouldn't look out of place on the beach for a summer evening on holiday. She accessorised with some beautiful delicate Chopard earrings and wore her hair in a loose updo.
Jourdan Dunn, AmFAR Gala - I absolutely loved Jourdan's look here. She wore a beautiful blue Vera Wang gown. I love the ruffling and cut out detailing at the bust and the fishtail style really accentuates her figure, giving her more curves and keeping it really feminine.

Who was your best dressed this week? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts