My Best Dressed @ The MET Ball







So, possibly the biggest red carpet of the year took place on Monday night: The MET Ball. The next morning, I spent a good while on Vogue checking out all the best and worst dressed of the evening. I've narrowed down my faves to these 11 looks:
Gigi Hadid in Diane von Furstenburg - I love Gigi's style, and this dress on her is an absolute winner. It stood out for all the right reasons and I love the strappy shoes she paired it with. Her hair looked perfect with this dress, as an updo may have looked too harsh against the deep V neck. And of course, her makeup was flawless - where do I get that glow?!
Hailee Steinfeld in Michael Kors - Although I'm not too familiar with Hailee, her Michael Kors dress was just gorgeous. Real classic red carpet style, especially paired with gold accessories and a red lip. By no means the most striking look of the night, but certainly a classic that pretty much everyone will love.
Candice Swanepoel in Michael Kors - Another Kors dress here on the beautiful Candice. I mean - is there anything she can't pull off?! This nude lace number accentuates her gorgeous body, and I love the simple hair and makeup - keeping it really glowy as usual. 
Kate Beckinsale in Diane von Furstenburg - Kate looks so stunning here. This gold Diane von Furstenburg stood out against the sea of red dresses on the carpet this year, and I love that she wore a classic curly blow dry and a glossy pink lip - you can never go wrong with this duo!
Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein Collection - This has to be one of my favourite looks on Kendall. At first, I wasn't sure, however having seen different pictures of it at different angles, I love this on her now. The colour is perfect against her skin tone and hair colour, and I love the strappy detailing at the side, adding something extra to a classic column dress. 
Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Atelier Versace - My ultimate girl crush here (alongside Blake Lively and Dakota Johnson), Rosie looked stunning in this Versace look. The style is so feminine and really gives her great curves. I have to say, I'm not sure about the hair look here, but for me, the makeup is spot on.
Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein Collection - Another gorgeous look for Calvin Klein here. It seems red was certainly the colour of the evening, with plenty of guests opting for red dresses. This deep burgundy colour looks gorgeous against Rose's pale skin, and I love the laser cut detailing.
Lily Donaldson in Topshop - The only one of Topshop's looks of the evening that I really loved. Lily wore a classic red flowing gown with a deep V neck. Like Hailee's, definitely not the most striking of the evening, but one I think everyone will love. I love the red lipstick and glossy straight hair she decided on here too, it keeps the look really fresh.
Lily Aldridge in Carolina Herrera - Another of the VS Angels here, Lily wore a pale blue Carolina Herrera gown. I love the ruffling detail at the hem, and the colour is different to all the other gowns I saw. The deep purple lip she wore, along with the sleek updo just won it for me though, it keeps the look from looking too fussy and girly. 
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture - Jennifer went for a dress from Dior Couture, which looked fairly understated in comparison to some of the more outrageous gowns on the red carpet. However, I think the top is really unique, in both the print and cut. She was definitely right to go for a messy updo here, to really show off the style of the dress. Her makeup looks gorgeous here too - I think the tan makes her look so healthy and glowing. 
Beyonce in Givenchy - Of course, Beyonce stole the show in this bejewelled custom made Givenchy number. I do agree with others that it would look even more beautiful if it had been slightly more jewelled and less see through, but she looked stunning nonetheless. She definitely showed off her famous curves, and was clearly worth photographers waiting 2 hours to capture! I'm predicting the high ponytail will become a big trend now too, as she wore here, and for another 2 days following the Ball.
Who was your best dressed at the MET Ball? Let me know in the comments! 



Comments

Popular Posts