The Strobing Edit


The whole beauty world has gone crazy for strobing - and so today, I thought I'd share my thoughts and top picks to get the look. Strobing is essentially extreme highlighting, creating a glowing, fresh look to the skin without using contour. Personally, I am loving this look as I think glowing skin looks so youthful and healthy, and I love highlighters too! I have posted plenty of makeup looks on my Instagram with glowing skin/eyes etc so check them out if you're in need of some inspiration! Also, there are plenty of Youtube tutorials on strobing too - I particularly loved Desi's and Kaushal's
Get the Look:
To start off with, I'd definitely recommend using an illuminator under your foundation. I apply this all over my skin to give an all-over glow. I love the Soap & Glory 'Hocus Focus' and the St Tropez Skin Illuminator (I use the shade 'Rose'). You can also mix this in with your foundation if you like. 
Another great tip is to use a highlighting concealer pen. I have the cult classic YSL Touche Eclat, and I also love the MAC Prep + Prime in Light Boost. Apply this under your eyes, around your nose, down the bridge of your nose and on your chin and blend out to give a brightening effect to these areas. 
For your eyes, I recommend using a shimmery gold shadow all over your lid. This look isn't really about a strong eye look, so go for a gold shadow and a sweep of mascara. A cream shadow is even easier to use and blend - the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Eternal Gold is perfect. I also like the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow pencil in Bulletproof Beige, or the Milani single shadow in Bella Champagne. 
And finally, the finishing touches. Apply a highlighter on the high points of your face - tops of cheekbones, bridge of the nose, brow bone and tear duct. You can use a cream highlighter - I like Benefit's High Beam or the St Tropez Skin Illuminator I mentioned earlier. For powder, the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow palette is perfect, and I also love The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer and MAC's 'Soft & Gentle' MSF. I'm a big fan of layering highlighters too, so sometimes I'll use 2 or 3 in one go! For blush, go for one with golden shimmery undertones, like Milani's Luminoso.
In terms of bronzer, the strobing technique doesn't really use bronzer, but of course, this is your look so if you'd normally wear bronzer then go for it! One with a slight glow to it is ideal, like the one in the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow palette. 
What do you think of the strobing trend? And what are your fave strobing products? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts