Black on Black OOTN


Whilst scanning through some of my older posts recently, I realised I hadn't done a 'Makeup of the Day'/OOTD post in a while. So, to reintroduce it to Cocoa May, I thought I'd start with this look I posted on my Instagram a couple of weeks ago. 
Makeup
For my base, I used NARS Sheer Glow foundation (review coming up very soon!), followed by Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (under my eyes) and Maybelline Fit Me concealer everywhere else. I used Rimmel Match Perfection Loose powder, then bronzed using Urban Decay Toasted matte bronzer, then deepened the contour with MAC Harmony *side note: I've been loving doing this recently to warm up my face rather than just using Harmony!*. For blush, I wore NARS Orgasm, and highlighted with Benefit High Beam, and on top of that I added The Balm's Mary Loumanizer - strong highlight! For brows, I used my usual Anastasia Brow Pomade/Brow Wiz combo - you know the drill by now!
For eyes, I used my new favourite palette - the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I primed my eyes with MAC Bare Study, then used Milk Chocolate as a transition colour in the crease. I then swept Creme Brûlée all over the lid. I darkened the outer part of my lid with Hazelnut, and used Haute Chocolate in the crease. To further darken the outer crease, I used Semi Sweet, and highlighted my brow bone with White Chocolate. I highlighted the inner corner with The Balm Mary Loumanizer. I used L'Oreal Blackbuster liner and L'Oreal Super Liner, then Benefit Roller Lash mascara. I lined my upper waterline with Charlotte Tilbury Rock n Kohl liner in Barbarella Brown. Finally, I added Ardell Demi Wispies (I used one full pair, then half a pair on the outer corner). 
For lips, I lined with Rimmel 'Addiction', then used Chanel 'Catherine' lipstick all over my lips. 

Outfit
I was feeling so uninspired with what to wear this night, so went for fail-safe all black! I picked up this gorgeous lace black top from Zara and paired it with tailored black trousers from ASOS. I wore my usual 'night out' Zara wedges, and took my Zara 'Stressed but Well Dressed' clutch - you know, the one everyone went crazy for this time last year
I've linked any reviews I've done for any makeup items I've mentioned, and linked what clothing items are still available! Hope you enjoyed this type of post - let me know in the comments.


Comments

Popular Posts