My Best Dressed This Week #5



I thought I'd combine my Best Dressed This Week with my BRIT Awards best dressed, as I wasn't bowled over by the BRITs fashion and could only pick 2 dresses I actually liked! 
Firstly, Jessica Chastain looked stunning at the Independent Spirit Awards in LA in a black Saint Laurent dress. I think this is quite a different look for her, as she tends to go for more figure hugging dresses that show off her curves. However, this look really works on her as the long lace sleeves are really feminine and I love how she kept it simple with matching black heels. I love how her hair and makeup is done here, as it's fresh and natural, so it doesn't look too harsh with the black dress. I also think it worked particularly well as it was only a daytime event. 
Secondly, I just had to include Rosie Huntington Whiteley here this week. She has worn some amazing outfits this week, but this Chanel outfit at the Chanel and Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Dinner won it for me. I am loving her new shorter hair too, I think it really suits her and I love the red lip with this look. 
For the BRIT Awards, my two best dressed were Fearne Cotton and Taylor Swift. None of the other dresses I saw were particularly exciting so only these two made it! I can't find the dress designer but I love this metallic gold mini dress on her. For me, her style is usually hit or miss but this is a definite hit! I love the gold accessories paired with it, and her hair really shows off the gorgeous neck detailing on the dress. 
Secondly, Taylor Swift stole the show in Roberto Cavalli. This black and red dress may look plain, but the red wound round her back to show a dragon design on the sheer mesh back. Such a unique look and it really paid off for her! Doesn't quite compete with her Grammys dress, but still beautiful none the less! 
Who were your best dressed this week? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts