Wet 'n' Wild Eyeshadows | REVIEW



After buying two of the Wet n Wild eyeshadow trios in America over 8 months ago, I couldn't believe I still hadn't tried them out properly! I had seen so many US YouTubers rave about the quality of these little trios, and seeing as they were only around $3, I was eager to see if they lived up to the hype. 
I bought the well known 'Walking On Eggshells' trio (along with 'Silent Treatment'), which contains a creamy brow bone shade, champagne pink lid shade, and warm brown crease shade. I will warn you that this was pretty tricky to track down, with it being such a popular shade, so if you see it - buy it! 
On first impressions, I really love this palette and it would work for anyone. If you're just starting out with makeup, this makes it clear where to put each shade, and this palette contains three totally wearable shades that won't scare anyone off. For someone like me who has a multitude of eyeshadow palettes/singles, I wouldn't say it's a necessity exactly, but it is a lovely travel friendly trio that is great for an everyday look or when you don't have much time in the morning to think about what eyeshadows go together!
The shadows are certainly very pigmented, as everyone says. They do give a fair bit of fallout, so make sure you tap your brush to get rid of any excess before applying. Other than that, they pack really nicely onto the lid, and the crease shade blended out really nicely. On the image above, I just prepped with MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot, then just used these three shades on my lid, crease and brow bone (as directed by the palette) and this is the look I came out with. As you can see, it's a gorgeous everyday eye look, and it lasted really well on the lids too. Probably not as long as some of my higher end shadows, but that's to be expected - and at this price you can hardly complain!
If you're heading to the US anytime soon, don't hesitate about picking up one of these trios! I may do another review of the other trio I bought for comparisons/if people want to see those shades too. Have you ever tried anything from Wet n Wild?

Comments

Popular Posts