Rediscovering an Old Favourite


In an attempt to stop buying so much makeup, I have been rediscovering old favourites in my stash. I may put these types of posts up on the blog every so often, and so I'm starting off with the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. This was probably one of the first foundations I ever tried, and I have neglected it for quite some time now. However, I've recently been in a bit of a foundation rut, and have been going back to ones I haven't used in ages. I really forgot how much of a good foundation this is. I have the shade 100 Ivory (I believe they have added lighter shades more recently) which seems to be a good match for me, albeit a little too pink toned. 
The formula feels quite thick when you pump it out, however, it glides onto the skin really nicely and I love the coverage it gives. I would say it's light/medium buildable coverage. I don't find it to be too glowy, more of an inner glow finish, which I love. 
I will definitely be re-introducing this into my routine and giving it a good go again! My only niggle is that it can look a little too pink on me - does anyone have any suggestions of drugstore foundations with a yellow undertone for pale skin? I'd love to know!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, £8.99

Comments

Popular Posts