Cranberry Smoky Eye | MOTD


I regularly post makeup of the day pictures on my Instagram, but I realised I rarely post full makeup details or anything over here on my blog! I'm always posting reviews of products, I'm sure it looks like I then just forget about them! So, I'm going to start posting these as a weekly feature to go into depth on the products used to achieve the look, and give you a bit more insight on my favourite products. 
For this cranberry/maroon smoky eye, I was inspired by Desi's tutorial (she is literally my favourite MUA on Youtube so a lot of my looks are inspired by her!). I didn't have really any of the products she used, so I experimented a bit with what I had.
For the eyes, I used Makeup Geek 'Peach Smoothie' as a transition in the crease, adding onto that with Substitute for Love from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette. Then I grabbed a fluffy blending brush from Spectrum and went in with Warm Notes from the Cocoa Blend palette all of the outer part of my lid, blending up into the crease. I then carefully worked it into the inner part of my lid,making sure there was a space free in the centre of my lid. After a lot of blending, I wet my brush with Fix+ and added NYX 'Fireball' shadow onto the centre of my lid. This gave a look really similar to Desi's, so I was really happy with the outcome! For my inner corner I used Becca 'Champagne Pop' and for my lower lash line I just blended Warm Notes all over, then added a pop of Fireball into the centre of my lower lash line to mirror the lid. I added mascara, then my Eylure 107 lashes.
For my face, I used NYX Liquid Illuminator in Gleam as a primer, then added the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Powerless foundation over the top. These are both new products to me so look out for reviews soon! I then used the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer under my eyes and to highlight, then set that with the yellow powder from the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette. I added a cream contour with the Clinique Bronzing chubby stick, then I bronzed with MAC 'Give Me Sun', added the lightest contour powder from the Shade & Light palette, then added a touch of the Vivo blush in 'Rouge Shimmer' to my cheeks. To highlight, I used Becca Champagne Pop. 
On my brows, I used my usual Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe, and for lips I used a new NYX product for me - the Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'London'.
Phew! I think that's everything haha. I've linked to any product reviews I've done if you're looking for more info or swatches. Hope you enjoyed this kind of post and I'm looking forward to connecting my blog and Instagram a bit more over the coming months. 


Comments

Popular Posts