Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick | REVIEW


What's this? Charlotte Tilbury launched her Matte Revolution range last spring, and I'm surprised it's taken me so long to try them! A range of beautiful shades in the most gorgeous rose gold packaging - who could resist?! I got the shade 'Very Victoria' - a rosy brown shade inspired by Victoria Beckham. The bullet is slightly square shaped, aiding application and was inspired by the shape of a lip brush. As I learnt in the masterclass I attended (post here), each of Charlotte's products is infused with skincare, meaning that although these lipsticks are matte, they are supposed to be extremely nourishing and creamy on the lips. The '3D glowing pigments' in the lipstick help to make lips look fuller and oils in the lipstick keep it from drying out your lips.
Where do I get it? You can get this lipstick for £23 from her site (or counters), Selfridges or Harvey Nichols.
Swatches? I did try, but my camera was really not playing ball this day! So, no swatch unfortunately, but watch out for it popping up on my Instagram.  
The Pros... This really is the most hydrating matte lipstick I've ever tried. It didn't feel drying on my lips at all, sat comfortably on the lips (no settling on dry patches or in lines!), and I can definitely attest to the easy application thanks to the square bullet. I also love the shade - it's unlike any other nude I own (the closest I could think of is Velvet Teddy but this is more pink than that!). And, of course, there is the beautiful packaging which makes applying it a very glamorous experience! 
The Cons... As it is so hydrating, I actually don't find it to dry completely matte - so if you're wanting something super matte, I'd go for something like the Dose of Colors Liquid lipsticks (or another liquid lipstick!) or a MAC matte. 
What do you think? Have you tried this range? Let me know if you have/which shades you have in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts