The High End Repurchase


When I tried the NARS Sheer Glow foundation a year ago, I knew it would fast become my holy grail foundation. And, now I rarely use any other foundation! If you follow my makeup posts on Instagram (find me here!) you'll know most of my Makeup of the Day pictures use NARS Sheer Glow. I have the shade Mont Blanc for my natural pale skin tone, and Fiji for when I'm more tanned up. I have been running out of my Mont Blanc shade for a while and thought it was finally time to repurchase. I ummed and ahh-d about trying out a different high end foundation, but I just think it's a lot of money to waste if I found I didn't like it! So, I found myself in Selfridges repurchasing my beloved Sheer Glow. 
You can find my original review of Sheer Glow from back in May here, as pretty much everything I said then still stands. It gives a lovely flawless medium coverage finish, that is a satin finish (not too glowy/dewy and not too matte), which is perfect for me. I have fairly normal skin and it works great for that, and I hear it's good for drier skins too! Even if I don't set it, it has fantastic longevity and I love it for nights out as it photographs beautifully. 
I usually apply it with my Zoeva Buffer Brush, but it also works well with both my hands or a Beauty Blender. My only gripe with it, is that it doesn't come with a pump, so I did find myself wasting a bit of product when I poured too much out. So this time, I picked up the pump (I think it's around £3 to buy and is obviously re-usable), and I'm enjoying that so much more as I can control how much comes out much easier! 
Let me know what your favourite high end foundations are below, or if you've tried the NARS Sheer Glow too! 

Comments

Popular Posts