LFW A/W16 - Day 3 & 4 Round Up & Favourites

Welcome to my coverage of LFW Days 3 and 4! I hope you enjoyed my first post from Sunday covering Days 1 and 2. Here's my round up and favourites from Sunday and Monday's shows:

David Koma
I saw some of my fave bloggers Lydia Millen and Sarah Ashcroft at this show via Snapchat, so I knew it would be up my street! I loved the looks with muted mauve purples and whites - giving a chic clean look. Wrap silhouettes are certainly going to be in this autumn, as I've seen them on quite a few catwalks now. I loved this wrap coat - definitely looking for a high street version for the autumn! The all white look was stunning, incorporating some of my favourite things: turtlenecks, waist accentuation, and a patterned skirt! The beauty look for this show was gorgeous too - simple 'no makeup makeup' with classic effortless tousled waves.

Topshop Unique 
Every year, I look forward to the Topshop Unique show. It always brings something different and fresh to anything else I see on the catwalks, and definitely has a classic London look to it. I loved the faux fur black bomber jacket - it looks so cosy and luxurious! The faux fur sleeveless jacket effortlessly hanging off one shoulder accentuates the idea that the Topshop girl has stayed out all night and still looks effortlessly cool. Classic autumnal colours in khaki, mustard and tan were running through the whole collection, and I especially loved the khaki collared jumper (middle picture). The beauty look was done with Topshop makeup, and gave a grungy 'slept in' look, with stained berry lips and heavily lined eyes.
Mulberry
I feel like the Mulberry show has kind of dropped off the radar a little bit - a year or so ago it was so highly publicised and now this year, I hadn't seen it on any Insta/Snapchat posts! The collection was very classically autumnal - plenty of mustard yellow, navy, khaki green etc. I personally preferred the darker looks - especially the lacey bomber jacket with floaty chiffon coming from the top underneath (middle picture) as it added a feminine take on the bomber jacket. Similarly, the embellished bomber jacket made it super glamorous and party appropriate! The classic navy trousers were used throughout the show, keeping it consistently tailored and chic. I wasn't overly keen on the shoes used - they were a bit clunky for my liking, but they certainly added a welcome pop of colour!

Alexander McQueen
Before I even really started following fashion, I'd always admired Alexander McQueen. I think his skull print scarves were one of the first recognisably designer items I'd seen. Their AW16 collection was just stunning. It was the perfect fusion of feminine and tough - with floral prints in dark colours and textures, and tough embellishment on floaty, delicate fabrics. The leather floral coat with faux fur is my favourite look, and the shoes are so gorgeous too. The two embellished dresses I picked are my favourites too, as they are so pretty and detailed. It perfectly contrasts against the messy, undone hair worn by all the models. 

Temperley London
Temperley is the queen of whimsical feminine designs. I loved this collection - specifically the lighter colours in soft pastel blue, crisp white and purples. The gypsy white blouse with the fitted printed skirt is probably my favourite outfit, and paired with the chic nude boots makes for a gorgeous smart but girly look. The floaty blue dress is just stunning, and the embellishment and layered jewellery add a nice edge to it. Finally, the crisp all white look shows how you can pull off a one-colour look by the use of different fabrics and textures. The bow detailing on the blouse paired with the long coat gives a military feel, whilst the delicate skirt ensures it still looks feminine. 

Antonio Berardi
Another favourite for tailoring, Antonio Berardi's collection was stunning. The lace up top in the first look here shows that the lace up trend will still be going strong for next autumn. I love the use of delicate chiffons and laces added under more tailored pieces. Again, ankle boots in neutrals of greys and blacks are shown throughout this catwalk too.

 Burberry
Burberry never fail to impress in my eyes. From their big Snapchat build up to the show, and the star studded front row, I knew it would be a good show. My favourite pieces have to be the green snakeskin mac - a lovely twist on their classic style. The mix of bright corals with navy in the second look here is gorgeous and definitely a colour combo I'll be trying out! The baroque style top with tailored brown trousers is gorgeous workwear dressing and I love the exaggerated sleeves on the top. 

Peter Pilotto
Peter Pilotto will always have a soft spot in my heart, mainly because I used to use their collections so much when I did A Level Textiles. I was really intrigued to see their AW16 collection, and I loved it. Gorgeous abstract prints on wrap style skirts, and the most beautiful full length printed coat. My favourite piece has to be the black belted dress with blue print - it looked so stunning against the model's skin tone and I can see this style of print trickling down onto the high street. The makeup was kept really natural -it really looked like the models were wearing no makeup at all! And the hair was messy and undone, keeping with the boho, folksy prints.

So, that's Days 3 and 4 of LFW done and dusted! Who were your favourites? Let me know in the comments! 



Comments

Popular Posts