Olivia Pope: Get The Look


I've been loving watching Scandal recently. It's such a good show, and it's safe to say I'm a little bit obsessed with Olivia Pope and her style. I remember Shirley doing a video on Olivia Pope's fashion a while ago (watch it here!), and I was so inspired then. Olivia dresses so elegantly and feminine, whilst still having that power dressing edge - perfect chic workwear style! I thought I'd list a few key pieces you can get to channel Olivia's look:
The Wide Leg Trouser - As you can see in all three of the pictures above, Olivia always wears tailored wide leg pants. Miss Selfridge have a great selection of these pants in at the moment. I recently picked up these grey belted trousers, which they also have in burgundy here, or in a cropped style here. I also love these navy tailored culottes from ASOS which are only £30!
The Neutral Coat - Olivia always has a gorgeous coat on. She seems to mostly wear all neutrals, and her outerwear is no exception. For chic transitional dressing, try this grey sleeveless jacket from Miss Selfridge. I have this myself and it's absolutely gorgeous, such lovely material and works well with a plain turtleneck or jumper. For a long sleeved version, try this one from New Look. I couldn't find a pink coat quite like the one in the picture, but this light pink blazer is gorgeous and will be great for Spring/Summer time.
The Silky Blouse - As Olivia doesn't wear a lot of colour, she mixes it up by wearing lots of textures, and she is often seen in a silk blouse. I love this Reiss @ ASOS silk blouse, or this gorgeous belted V neck top wouldn't be out of place in Olivia's wardrobe. For a more structured style, this Whistles Military Silk Shirt is lovely. 
The Structured Bag - Olivia always pairs her chic outfit with a simple structured bag. I love this H&M one, which comes in black or a nude-pink colour. This stone contrast tote from New Look is also gorgeous too. For evenings out, Olivia keeps with the structured theme, so sticks with a simple rectangular clutch. To get the look yourself, try this lovely one from Whistles, or this black croc one is a classic that will go with any outfit. For a cheaper option, this textured clutch from New Look is a good go-to.
I hope you enjoyed this different style of post for me! I'm thinking of continuing this as a series that will pop up every now and again on the blog, so let me know if there's any particular celeb/character you'd like me to do! 

Comments

Popular Posts