How to Wear: Knee High Boots


Knee high boots have definitely been a big trend for the past couple of years - especially since the likes of Stuart Weitzman became a big name in the blogging industry. I absolutely love them - I think they look so chic and can really help to dress up a more casual outfit. I thought I would share my top 3 ways to style them today! 
Classic... For a classic and easy way to wear them, just pair them with a pair of indigo jeans, a turtleneck and a chic coat and you're good to go! I've always loved the way knee high boots look with skinny jeans - they really elongate the legs and help to make it look like you really made an effort with your outfit! This is how I've worn them in the picture (far left), with a black turtleneck and a sleeveless grey jacket. I've got so many compliments on this outfit and I really think the boots help to add it a bit of glam! 
Girly... Pairing knee high boots with a cute skater skirt or dress makes a gorgeous girly look that's still winter appropriate! I like how it looks where there is a slight inch or two or leg showing between the top of your boots and the hem of your skirt - it makes it a bit more appropriate for evenings or dressing up a bit without freezing your legs off! 
Night Time... For nighttime, I love how knee high boots look with a tighter skirt or dress. My inspiration for this kind of look would be this outfit of Millie Mackintosh who kept it nice and simple with all black, but definitely played with textures to get a gorgeous look. For this kind of look, I think it's best to keep to neutrals - browns, blacks, creams, so the outfit doesn't look too busy and stays looking chic! 
What do you think of knee high boots? And how would you style them? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts