Dakota Johnson: Get The Look


Dakota Johnson is a big fashion inspiration for me. I love both her red carpet and casual style, and she has New York casual chic down to a T. This is how I personally like to dress day to day, for uni etc. She definitely has some key pieces in her wardrobe that she wears quite regularly, so I thought this week's Friday Fashion post could be a 'Get the Look' for her!
The Mom Jeans - Dakota often channels 90s fashion, and the Mom Jeans are a definite must-have for this trend. I love the Topshop ones, as they have so many different colours and sizes. For Dakota's look, go for the classic light blue ones (£40). I also have a gorgeous pair from ASOS with ripped knees. These are slightly more slim fitting so are better if you don't like the baggy style of mom jeans. I don't think they sell the exact style I have but for similar click here or here. For extra style points, wear with a patterned belt like Dakota's leopard print one. 
The Band Tee - Dakota's casual style usually involves a band tee or a graphic printed tee. Whilst you can usually find these kind of tees in vintage stores etc, you can also try places like Urban Outfitters, Pulp or Topshop
The Denim Jacket - For outerwear, Dakota is often seen in a denim jacket. Again, these are likely to be vintage pieces, but for a classic style, I'd say go for a Levis jacket - you can't really go wrong with a good Levis jacket. For something a bit cheaper, try places like ASOS - I like this light wash one (£40), or this washed black one (£40). 
The Rucksack - Again continuing the 90s trend, Dakota often wears rucksacks. For a 'goes with everything' style, go for black. I like this black ASOS one (£32), or this Matt & Nat one (£98). For something a bit more luxurious, Grafea rucksacks are gorgeous, and are made out of good quality leather. 
What do you think of Dakota's style? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts