The Lipstick Tag | Lipstick Week


Hi guys and welcome to the second instalment in my Lipstick Week! Today, I thought I'd do the Lipstick Tag. I rarely do tag posts, but after seeing Sammi's video, I really liked the questions and thought I'd share my answers too! I thought it might be interesting for me to look back on in a few months too and see if any of my answers have changed...
1. Favourite balm/treatment?
To be honest, I haven't found my perfect lip balm yet, but on the go, I love the EOS balms - I've gone through 3 now and I plan on stocking up next time I'm in the US! I know you can get them in the UK, but they're so much more expensive :( 
2. Best eye-catching red?
Personally, I hardly ever wear a red lipstick! I much prefer nude shades or deep berry shades. However, if I had to pick, I'd go for the Sephora Lip Cream in 01. It's a beautiful true red shade that makes your teeth look super white and suits pretty much everyone. It lasts forever too and has a lovely matte finish.
3. Best luxury and best drugstore?
Best luxury would be my Chanel lipstick in 'Catherine'. It really doesn't get much more luxurious than a Chanel lipstick, and I love this shade (not just because it's called 'Catherine'!) because it's a peachy nude that suits every makeup look. For best drugstore, I'd go with Rimmel, because they do such a wide range of finishes and shades. I love the Kate Moss collection. 
4. Best MAC lipstick?
If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know this is a no brainer for me. It has to be 'Brave'! I have pretty much finished my tube now, and already have a back up ready to go! See all the times I've raved about it here, and my full review here
5. The most disappointing?
The most disappointing lip product I've tried has to be the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick. I bought the shade Pink Pong and I just do not get on with it at all. Annoying to apply, has a horrible scent and the shade just isn't for me! Disappointing as I see so many other bloggers say how much they love it, but it's not for me. 
6. Liner - yes or no?
Definitely yes! I'd recommend the MAC ones, or the Rimmel ones.
7. Best gloss?
I rarely wear gloss to be honest, but the Tanya Burr glosses are really pigmented and pretty. You can see my review of her gloss in 'Afternoon Tea' here
8. Something extra!
For my something extra, I thought I'd share the first lipstick I bought! It was Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 'Nude Pink'. It was my first foray into the lipstick world and now I have too many to count! I actually still have it too, as it brings back so much nostalgia - it's actually a really pretty shade too so I'd still recommend trying it out if you haven't!


Comments

Popular Posts