Ice Queen Halloween Makeup


Hi guys! Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween weekend. I decided to go as an Ice Queen this year. It was quite a last minute decision, but I was so inspired by Desi Perkins' look (see here), that I wanted to do my own take on it. I have posted another picture on my Instagram if you want to see more pictures of the look! I know that obviously Halloween is over now, but as this isn't a 'scary' look, you could wear it to any sort of fancy dress/costume party!
Face
I primed with my Nivea Men's Aftershave Balm (more on that on the blog soon!), then used a mixture of Illamasqua Skin Base and NARS Sheer Glow foundations. I highlighted under my eyes with MAC's Prep & Prime in 'Light Boost', then concealed everywhere else with Maybelline's Fit Me concealer. I used Clinique's Contour Stick to bronze up the skin, then set everything with Rimmel's Match Perfection Loose Powder. I used quite a bit of powder contour on top to give a more chiselled cheekbone, with Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow palette (the bronzer shade), and topped that with MAC's 'Harmony' Blush. I dusted a small amount of Milani's 'Luminoso' blush on the apples of my cheeks then moved onto making my skin as glowing and 'icy' as possible. I started with the highlight shade from Charlotte Tilbury's Bronze & Glow palette on the tops of my cheekbones, above my brow, chin and nose, then went over that with The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer highlighter. To give my skin a silvery/blue highlight, I used the Barry M Dazzle Dust in 65 down my nose, on my cheekbones and a small amount above my brow bone. I also highlighted under my brow and in my tear duct with The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer. For the rhinestones, I just used 7 above each eyebrow. I originally wanted to do a similar style to Desi's, but decided this looked better for the look I wanted.
Eyes
On my brows, I used the Anastasia Dip Brow in 'Taupe' to shape, then set that with Rimmel's Brow This Way gel. I cleaned up the brows with Benefit's Bo-oing concealer, then moved onto the eyes. For the eyes, I primed with MAC's 'Bare Study' Paint Pot. I wanted to use the Naked 2 palette as that has a lot of cooler silver tones. So, I started with 'Bootycall' all over the eye area, then dusted 'Verve' on the lid. I used 'Tease' as the transition shade in my crease, then blended 'Snakebite' into the crease. To add a slight 'cut crease' effect, I used an angled brush with 'Blackout' to map a line into my crease, then used more 'Blackout' on a fluffy brush to blend that out. I mirrored this on my lower lash line, using Verve on the inner part and blending Snakebite towards the outer lash line. I lined my lash line with Soap & Glory's 'Supercat' liner. For lashes, I used Ardell Demi Wispies, and added another set of half Demi Wispies onto the outer corner to get a more dramatic effect. I then used Maybelline's False Lash Sensational mascara on my top and bottom lashes. For the rhinestones, I just placed one on each inner corner, then one at the end of my liner. For all the rhinestones, I used DUO lash glue to stick them on, and they lasted the entire night!
Lips
For lips, I wanted to continue the icy blue look, so I lined with MAC's 'Stripdown' lipliner, and filled that in with MAC's 'Velvet Teddy' lipstick. Then I took the Barry M pigment in 65 that I used as highlight and dabbed that all over my lips to give an iridescent look to them. I think it worked quite well, and it lasted all night too!
My headband is from River Island a couple of years ago, but if I had decided on this outfit earlier I would definitely have tried to get a proper crown! For my outfit, I wore a nude bodysuit from Missguided, with a full sequin maxi skirt, also from Missguided. They no longer have the skirt online, but this is what is looked like if you need some inspiration!
Hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know what you think of the look! I've linked any reviews I've done of the products I used too, if you want to know a bit more about any of them. 

Comments

Popular Posts