My Top 5 Eye Brushes / BRUSH WEEK



Hi everyone! This week I thought I would do a themed week in the form of Brush Week! I realised I had a few brush related posts I wanted to do, so why not do a little theme?! Today is my top 5 eye brushes. This was pretty difficult to narrow down but I think I could pretty much do every eye look with just these 5 brushes if I had to. I have done a post similar to this in the past of my Top 5 Brushes (featuring both face and eye brushes), so you can check that out too if you fancy. But for now, let's get started with my favourite eye brushes!
Smashbox Crease No.10 - I have had this brush for around 2/3 years now, and it is still in absolutely perfect condition. It's the only Smashbox brush I own, but if this one is anything to go by, they would be fantastic! This brush is super soft and is fantastic for overall eyeshadow blending. I use this to sweep a nude base colour across the lid, and blend out as it's such a huge brush that it makes light work of getting rid of any sharp lines. 
MAC 208 - This is my holy grail eyebrow brush. If you have the Anastasia Brow Pomade and don't know which brush to use, I would highly recommend giving this one a go. It's super thin, so is fantastic for precise lines and makes light work of shaping my brows. 
Urban Decay Shadow Brush - This is the brush that comes with the Naked 1 palette, but any of the brushes with the Naked palettes do pretty much the same thing. You can also buy this separately for £15. This is essentially a flat shader brush so is perfect for applying lid colours. As it's synthetic, it also works great with cream shadows and for spraying with Fix+ to make a shadow more intense and metallic. Plus, it's free with the eyeshadow palette - what more could you ask for?!
MAC 217 - Probably my all time favourite eye brush - along with everyone else in the beauty industry! This brush really does live up to the hype that surrounds it. It can apply lid colour, crease colour, blends out shadows beautifully and works for pretty much any eye look. I use this most times I do my makeup, and mine's still in fantastic condition after a good few years of near-enough daily use.
Anastasia Shadow Couture Brush - This is the double ended brush that comes with the Anastasia Shadow Couture palette. One end is a short shader brush that is fantastic for packing colour onto the lid. It's slightly fluffier than the Urban Decay Shadow Brush so blends out the colour a bit more. The other end is a tapered blending brush. This is a fantastic blending brush as the tapered end gets right into the crease, whilst the other bristles blend out the colour either side - making your eyeshadow look super seamless. Unfortunately I can't find this separately online 
What are your favourite eye brushes? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts