My Top Summer Bright Lip Colours


I'm a sucker for a bright lip. Although winter turned me into a nude 90s lip wearer 90% of the time, I'm ready to embrace bright lips again. They always look so fabulous in summer, with or without a tan, and I have my top 5 picks today!
For the bubblegum pink, I love MAC's 'Candy Yum Yum'. You'll either love this shade or hate it, as it's a matte bright blue toned pink. Personally, I love it and wore it so much last summer that I can't wait to crack it out again! If you don't want to brave that, try out MAC's Viva Glam Miley lipstick. I recently did a review of it, so check that out for a more in-depth summary of it, but it's a beautiful creamy fuchsia pink that I think will suit everyone. It is really pigmented, being an Amplified formula, so if you're more after a sheer finish, maybe don't go for this one.
For the oranges, I love Milani's 'Sweet Nectar'. I picked this up in the US last year - you can see my review of all 3 Milani lipsticks I have here - after hearing Carli Bybel going on about it so much. It's a bright true orange colour that is really pigmented, wears nicely on the lips and smells of watermelon - one of the few lipstick scents I actually really like! For a UK drugstore option, Revlon's Matte Balm in the shade Audacious is a fabulous orange colour that I wore so much last year. 
Finally, if you like a good lip lacquer, I love the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade 'Stellar'. It's a beautiful orange/pink/red/everything rolled into one basically, and I loved wearing it with a faux tan and Woodwinked on the eyes. I tend to take most of the product off the applicator first, as I don't like a super glossy finish.
What are your favourite bright lip colours for summer? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts