Soap & Glory 'Hocus Focus' | REVIEW


If you saw my recent Boots & Feel Unique Haul, you'll know I picked up the Soap & Glory 'Hocus Focus' illuminator. I was so excited to try this as I'd been looking for something I could put on my skin under foundation to make everything extra glowing and this sounded like exactly what I wanted! It comes in quite a small container, so I'm not sure how long this is going to last me with regular use - that's probably my only gripe. 
It's comes out a pearly colour, and blends into the skin really easily. I just use my hands and dot it on my forehead, cheeks and chin and rub it in. I wouldn't say it does the best job in the world at 'softening flaws' like it suggests, but it definitely gives that 'lit from within' glow without leaving too much pigment. It definitely doesn't leave you looking too shiny for anyone that might be worried about using this kind of product all over the skin. It lasts really well and looks lovely when foundation is applied over the top - I've been using my NARS Sheer Glow mostly. It does also say you can use it as you would use a highlighter (on the cheekbones etc), but I haven't tried this as I prefer a stronger highlight. However, for anyone just wanting a subtle glow, or if you're just getting into makeup, this would be a great one to try. I imagine it would also work fantastically to brighten your skin if you haven't had the best night's sleep or are hungover! 
Have you tried this? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts