Anastasia Self Made Palette | REVIEW


What's this? This post has been sat in my drafts for so long now, and for some reason I've just never got round to writing it! So, although I know the Self Made palette is sold out, I thought I'd continue with this review anyway, as a sort of review of Anastasia shadows as a whole, as they have become some of my favourite shadows. In around October 2015, the Self Made palette was released, housing 14 shades in a sleek silver and grey palette, complete with double-ended brush. You can buy most of these shades separately anyway, which is why I thought this post would still be useful!
Where do I get it? As I mentioned above, it was a limited edition palette so it's pretty hard to get hold of now. But, if you're absolutely desperate for it, Amazon have a few (for a pretty high price, but if you really want it!) or there's a few listings on eBay. For a guide, it was originally around £36.
Swatches? Unfortunately, I did take swatch pictures but I have no idea where they went! 
The Pros... These shadows really are as amazing as everyone says. I love these palettes because they have some really original shades in that I would never usually buy - it's made me step out of my comfort zone a bit with what colours I use which is nice. I think I've used pretty much every shade in the palette at least once by now! So, next time a LE palette comes out, definitely check it out! They are so pigmented, blend beautifully and last so well on the lid. I like the mix of matte and shimmer shades too. Unfortunately, you can only buy the shadows in the US at the moment, but you can ship to the UK if you're willing to pay for shipping! From this palette, you can buy Pink Champagne and Hot Chocolate - which are actually two of the best shades in the palette! Pink Champagne is a beautiful metallic pink that looks beautiful on the lid, and Hot Chocolate is a matte warm brown that is an essential for a smoky eye. All the shades are really buttery and application is really easy!
The Cons... Other than the fact that you can't buy this palette anymore, I really don't have any! When will they bring the full shadow range to the UK?!

What do you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts