Revisiting Gel Liner


After watching way too many makeup tutorials on YouTube, I decided it was time for my to try out gel liner again. I used to use the Maybelline one ages ago, but when that was out of stock, I went for the Rimmel Scandaleyes one. I really wanted to pick up a brush to use it with, as I've never found the free ones much good, so I got the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush
I have used both together for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd share my thoughts. Firstly, I have to say I've been so disappointed with the RT liner brush. The silicone tip means any liner I put on seems to run out really quickly and I'm constantly having to dip back into the pot. When I try to apply it, the liner doesn't come out opaque at all and I've found myself having to apply my Soap & Glory Supercat liner over the top. I also found it a bit of a pain to clean. So all in all, not too impressed! I think I'll have to pick up a slanted liner brush instead.
As for the liner, I have actually only used it with this brush so I probably haven't given it a fair chance! What liner I have actually been able to apply with the brush has stayed on really well and when I've swatched it, it does come out very black. If anyone has tried this liner let me know in the comments what you think of it and what brush you use! 

Comments

Popular Posts