Illamasqua "Speckle" Dupe!



When the Illamasqua speckled polishes came onto the scene earlier in the year, it was love at first sight. But the £14.50 price tag? Not so much. When there are so many amazing drugstore nail polishes, £14.50 seems a bit steep. So, you can imagine how happy I was when the L'Oreal confetti top coat came out! I featured it in my 'What I got for my birthday' post, and I used it for the first time the other day and love the effect! As you can see, it's not quite identical, but I think it's not far off. I used the top coat over my beloved Barry M Prickly Pear (review here), I've been switching between this and Dragon Fruit since I got them, so this was a nice way to switch it up. You can get these two polishes on the high street for less than £9, which is such good value and I am literally loving this effect just as much as I thought I would! Plus, I've had so many compliments today and people thought I'd spent more time doing this than I did! It takes a couple of coats of the top coat to get the effect above and it dries super quickly - perfect when you have no time to wait for drying! I need to invest in the Seche Vite top coat pronto. 
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear, £3.99 
L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat, £4.99 

Catherine 




Comments

Popular Posts