Matte Sunset Eye | MOTD



I posted this look on my Instagram last week after I got the Morphe 35B palette and now I can finally do some more colourful looks! It came out with super glowy skin and a matte sunset eye (inspired by Hannah Renee's tutorial). Here's the product breakdown:
Face: I used the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Fiji, Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer and the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette as a base. On my cheeks I have Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow (contour shade) and KVD Shade & Light contour shades (I usually use a mix of the bottom left and bottom middle). I then used Amaretto from the Jaclyn Hill x Becca Face palette as a neutral blush, then mixed Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop for my highlight. I also used the highlight on the tip of my nose, cupids bow and brow bone. 

Eyes: For my brows, I used my usual ABH Dip Brow in Taupe, then used Chocolate on the tail of my brow. I've been doing this more recently to create a more defined tail as I don't have that much hair there. I set that with Rimmel Brow This Way then used Benefit Bo-oing concealer to clean it up and also applied this as a base on my eyes. I then set the concealer with the neutral shade from the KVD Shade & Light palette.
I started the eyes with Makeup Geek 'Desert Sands' as a transition shade. I then used a mix of pink and orange shades from the Morphe 35B palette in the crease. Then I patted the deep purple shade onto the outer third of the lid with a Spectrum brush. With a flat shader brush, I applied the bright orange to the middle of the lid, then added the bright yellow to the inner third. I then just blended it all together, slowly building colour up. It did take quite a bit of work as some of the matte shades in this palette aren't the most pigmented (see my 35B review very soon!). I used Eylure 107 lashes, then did pretty much the same combination of eyeshadow colours on the lower lashes. I then highlighted the tear duct with a mixture of Champagne Pop and the shimmery yellow from the palette.

Lips: I kept it fairly neutral to keep the attention on the eyes. I used Stripdown liner from MAC to line the lips, then used Milani 'Nude Creme' lipstick.

I was so happy with how this look came out, especially as I haven't worked with brighter colours very much before! Let me know what you think of it, and if you enjoy these kinds of posts. 

Comments

Popular Posts