Linda Hallberg Inspired Blue Smoky Eye | MOTD



I've been loving playing with more colourful looks recently. One of my favourite makeup artists on Instagram is the wonderful Linda Hallberg. Every one of her looks is just beautiful and I love how she incorporates different colour combinations into relatively wearable, fun looks (and her more 'out-there' looks are amazing too!). Her Instagram/blog is definitely somewhere I go for some makeup inspiration. I screenshotted this look and was just itching to recreate it. 
Face: For the face makeup, I wanted to keep it fairly neutral so the eyes were the stand out feature. I used Soap & Glory Hocus Focus as an illuminating base, then NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji to create a flawless base. I used the Clinique bronzing chubby stick to lightly contour, then used the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer to highlight. I set my under eyes with the yellow shade from the Kat Von D Shade & Light palette and the rest of my face with the more neutral shade. I used the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow mixed with the contour shades from the KVD palette to bronze and contour, then added Amaretto from the Jaclyn Hill palette as a blush. I then mixed Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop from the Jaclyn Hill palette as highlight.
Eyes: Firstly, on my brows I used a mixture of the Taupe and Chocolate Dip Brows from ABH, and a bit of the Brow-Zings powder from Benefit. Then, to prime the eyes I used Benefit Bo-oing concealer and the neutral powder from Kat Von D again. The eyes took me quite a while to get them right, as I really wanted them to be as close to these pictures as possible. I started by using the Inglot shadow in 366 on a big fluffy brush into and above the crease. I was quite messy with this as I wanted it to be really smoky. I then darkened that up with the cranberry shade from Zoeva's Cocoa Blend palette. On the lid, I used the shimmery blue shade from the Morphe 35B palette as a base, then added Urban Decay 'Kiddie Pool' to make it really shimmery and vibrant. I then popped the yellow shade from Sleek's Solstice palette onto the centre of my lid with my finger to make it extra highlighted. On the inner corner, I used High from the Urban Decay Smoky palette as a base, followed by a bit of Kiddie Pool to give a blue tinge, then Collection's 'Magical' Dazzle Me dust to make it super sparkly. I still didn't quite get the effect I wanted but it'll do! I deepened up the outer corner with the black shade from Zoeva's Cocoa Blend palette on a pencil brush, before adding mascara and Ardell Demi Wispies. Under the eyes, I mainly just used the blue tones, and a nude liner in the waterline.
Lips: In the pictures, the lips were kept pretty neutral, with barely any colour on them at all. I tried out a few colours, but in the end I just settled for Rimmel 'Diamond Dust' gloss which worked really well to mirror the pictures and keep the look from looking too heavy.

What do you think of this look? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts