Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick | REVIEW





On the usual Saturday trip to Boots, I spotted the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks and thought I'd give them a whirl. I've never tried eyeshadow crayons before so I was really intrigued to see how they would work. My first gripe is the limited shade range. Currently, there are 5 shades - Bulletproof Beige (the one I have), Bad Girl Bronze, Tempting Turqoise, Paranoid Purple and Blackmail. All the shade names are fairly self explanatory and for me, the only ones I'd personally use are Bulletproof Beige and possibly Bad Girl Bronze. I went for Bulletproof Beige as it seemed more of an everyday colour. I would say it is a rose gold shade and it is definitely shimmery but not glittery. I would compare it in shade to the MAC "Bare Study" Paint Pot. 
The Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick claims to last 24 hours and be waterproof but I'm not sure it would live up to those claims. This is mainly because when I tried it on my lid, I felt I had to really work it onto the lid to get a solid colour, as it was much less pigmented than I'd hoped. However, I found that it looked lovely on the inner corner of my eye as a highlight but I don't think I would use it alone on the lid, which is really what I bought it for. However, there isn't any creasing like you would often find with cream eyeshadows and the colour is so pretty that I wish it came out a bit stronger on the lid. I'm also not sure if you can dispense any more product after you use up the original pointed end - can anyone help with that? 
Overall, I would say that it is an absolutely gorgeous shade but since my MAC Paint Pot is so similar, I think I will be sticking to that and using this in the inner corner instead. However, for £4.99, I'm not too disappointed but I don't think I'll be buying anymore from the range.



Catherine 

Comments

  1. I'll immediately grab your rss as I can't to find your email subscription link
    or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post get more info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment below & let me know what you think! I try to reply to as many as I can, so know that I read every single comment & thankyou! ♡

Popular Posts