Grow Gorgeous Haircare | BRAND REVIEW



Haircare is something I'm very particular about. Having thick, curly/frizzy hair comes with both its benefits and its downfalls, and one major thing I struggle with is finding the right products to combat frizz without weighing the hair down or leaving too much product in the hair. So, for the past few weeks I've been trying out Grow Gorgeous haircare - specifically the End Split Ends serum (£19), Strengthening Oil (£25) and Scalp Detox (£28). As I've now had the chance to put each product through their paces, I thought it was about time I shared my review!

The End Split Ends serum is aimed at nourishing and repairing the ends of your hair without weighing it down, whilst encouraging healthy, strong hair growth by sealing broken fibres. I don't struggle massively with split ends, but I thought this would be a good one to try to prevent them in the first place, and so far so good. It's a very thick serum, and you only need one or two drops per use. I use it on towel dried hair and only apply to the ends - I feel it would be too heavy as a regular serum. The key ingredients are Inca Inchi oil, which helps to lock in moisture, Acai Oil, which helps with environmental damage to hair that can make it brittle and dry, and Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, which helps to make hair more resistant to damage and breakage in the future. 

The Strengthening Oil has made its way into my regular haircare routine quite nicely. This is aimed at strengthening, protecting and adding shine to weak hair. Again, I wouldn't really say my hair is weak, but I definitely want to make sure it stays strong and shiny! The Chia Seed Oil creates a protective film around the hair to avoid protein loss, whilst the Beet Extract packs a punch to add more nutrients to fragile, stressed hair. I've been loving this as a last step in my routine, by running 4 drops over the lengths of my hair after blow drying and it makes it super shiny and healthy looking. 

Finally, the Scalp Detox. For me, this is the winning product for the brand, especially as I've never seen anything like this from a haircare brand before. With having curly/frizzy hair, along with regular blow drying, I can be prone to having a dry scalp, which can be so irritating and itchy. Honestly, this treatment has been an absolute lifesaver and I can honestly say I haven't suffered from a dry scalp since using this. It's essentially an exfoliater for your scalp, and I use it once a week by massaging the product thoroughly all over my scalp, leaving for 5-10 minutes, then washing it out thoroughly with shampoo and continuing with my regular haircare routine. The Castor Oil beads and White Willow Bark Extract exfoliate and act as a natural anti-bacterial. Meanwhile, the Pomegranate Fruit Enzymes exfoliate and remove product buildup. It is so cooling on your scalp, and I've not had any issues washing it out as long as your thorough with shampooing 2 times and ensuring all the beads are washed out. 

All in all, I'm absolutely loving this range at the moment - I feel like it's so underrated. Another thing I should mention is how incredible each of the products' smell!! I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but I feel like it smells like a hair salon and so I get that super fresh, salon feeling every time I wash my hair now. If you just got one product for the range, I would have to recommend the Scalp Detox - I think it would be helpful for everyone, especially if you use a lot of hair products or you have a similar hair type to me!

Have you tried anything from this range? Let me know in the comments. 

Comments

Popular Posts