Pink Toned Spotlight Eye | MOTD



This pink toned spotlight eye has got a lot of love over on my Instagram recently, so I thought it was about time I did a breakdown of the look with products and a step by step! Let me know what you think of this look in the comments.

Face
- I started with MAC Peachlite Strobe Cream as a base, then followed with Illamasqua Skin Base in 8 all over my skin. I'd forgotten just how stunning this foundation is! 
- I then used my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer to highlight under my eyes, forehead, centre of the nose and my chin, and the Fit Me concealer on any blemishes. 
- To set all that, I use Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder.
- To bronze, I used MAC Give Me Sun MSF (review) very lightly to warm up the skin, then used MAC Warm Soul Mineralize blush. 
- For highlight, I used Girlactik 'Lustre' Face Glow which is a stunning purple toned highlight (see my review here) and topped it with the purple shade from Sleek's Solstice palette (review here). I applied both of these on the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and on my cupid's bow. 


Eyes
- I first filled in my brows with Anastasia Dip Brow in Chocolate and MAC's brow pencil in Lingering.
- Then, I cleaned up underneath and primed my eyes with MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW15.
- I started off with 'Red Ochre' from the ABH Modern Renaissance palette and buffed it all over my crease and lid (missing out the centre portion of the lid). Then, I deepened that with 'Love Letter' from the same palette. Blend this on the outer and inner part of the eye until you get the depth and colour you want.
- I then took Pink Champagne (also from ABH) and started packing that onto the centre of my lid. I found that this worked best with a wet brush (I just spray Fix+ onto my brush) as the sparkle in the eyeshadow really came out nicely with that. I then just blended my Red Ochre and Love Letter in so there were no harsh lines and just kept adding colour and blending until I was happy. 
- I followed the same pattern on my lower lash line - using the red tones on the inner and outer portion, then packing Pink Champagne into the centre. 
- I applied Benefit They're Real mascara onto top and bottom lashes, then added my House of Lashes 'Siren' lashes - these work especially well with spotlight eyeshadow looks as they're fuller in the centre. 
- To highlight, I used the same Girlactik and Sleek highlighters mentioned above on my tear duct and brow bone. 

Lips
- For lips, I just applied MAC Soar liner to outline the lips, then went in with Jeffree Star 'Mannequin' liquid lipstick (review) - I'd forgotten how stunning this colour is, and I always get questions whenever I wear it! 


Comments

Popular Posts