GLOSSIER SKINCARE | WORTH THE HYPE? PHASE 1 SET REVIEW




For me, Glossier is one of the brands that made a big splash in the beauty world in 2017. With their launch in the UK, release of products like Wowder, and their incredibly Instagrammable packaging, it definitely seemed like the brand on everyone's lips, especially in the blogging world. I was pretty restrained (read: I added things to my basket every day then convinced myself I should probably buy Christmas presents instead..) and just got the Phase 1 skincare set for Christmas to dip my toe into the brand before buying any more. After trying the products for the past month, I thought I'd share my thoughts:

Key Ingredients: Rose Water (inflammatory - great for redness/spots), Aquaxyl (boosts hyaluronic acid and helps skin to retain moisture) and Glyceril Cocoate (derivative of Coconut Oil so helps to melt away makeup)
First of all, the product I was most excited to try. The Milky Jelly Cleanser is a unique formula that can be used on both wet or dry skin. I have tried this out both as a second cleanse/morning cleanse and to remove makeup and I personally prefer it more as a morning cleanser. It does a pretty good job at removing makeup but doesn't quite get all my eye makeup off so I think I'd rather stick to an oil or micellar water for that. The jelly-like consistency is lovely and moisturising on the skin, but I'd say all skin types could use it as it doesn't leave a film on the skin or make it overly oily - just refreshed and hydrated. I think this is why it appeals to so many people and is one of Glossier's most talked-about products - it's a great all round easy cleanser for all skin types that won't irritate or strip the skin. 

Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid (helps skin to retain moisture), Stearic Acid (protects the skin's surface from water loss and provides a protective film) and Vitamins A, C and E (all have antioxidant properties and helps with collagen production/retention)
In all honesty, I wasn't expecting to love this product half as much as I do. This has actually replaced my Origins Ginzing moisturiser as my morning moisturiser - which is really saying something as I've gone through countless tubs of the Origins one. I always use a separate primer so I can't say I've noticed much in the way of priming properties but it definitely feels really light on the skin so won't interfere with makeup. For drier skin gals, they do also have a Rich version of this which may appeal to you more, but for normal/oily skin, this will do just fine. I just use a pea sized amount all over the face and it definitely gives a nice healthy glow to the skin, whilst helping to reduce redness (this is done with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and shea butter). I have to say I have definitely been converted! It's fragrance free too so great for sensitive skin. 

Key Ingredients - Castor Seed Oil and Beeswax (locks in moisture and forms a protective layer) and Lanolin (has a deep moisturising effect on skin by absorbing moisture in the air)
This has become my go-to lip product for work days. A lovely thick lip treatment that hydrates and gives a gorgeous gloss to the lips. Wearing lipstick every day (especially liquid lipstick) can be extremely drying on the lips, so I've been trying to forgo the lipstick and wear this for work. For £10, it's in a similar price bracket to the likes of the Nuxe Reve de Miel, so it's an expensive balm, but nothing compared to the By Terry or Dior balms. What I like about this too is that it's multi-use, so can be used on dry skin elsewhere on the body (it's been a lifesaver for drier patches on my hands in this cold weather!) or even as a natural gloss to the skin on no makeup days. I just have the Original one which works well as a multi-use product, but you can get scented/tinted ones if you were just using this for lips - I particularly like the sound of the Rose one for my next purchase.

All in all, as a full coverage gal, I am absolutely loving the skincare I've tried from Glossier so far - I've now got my eye on the newly released Solution. I can't say I'm overly bothered about much of the makeup right now, as I think it's just a little too sheer/'no makeup makeup' for me. Although having said that, the hype surrounding Boy Brow has definitely drawn me in, so a purchase may be in order. If you've tried any Glossier products that you'd recommend, let me know - my wishlist is ever growing!

Comments

Popular Posts