September Glossybox | First Impressions of Glossybox!




So sorry for the slight overload of beauty box content this month - there were a couple of new boxes that I wanted to share before the month was over! Will have more reviews/new content soon. 

I feel like Glossybox was one (if not, the) first beauty subscription box out there. I remember when it was only available in the US and, like everything you want but can't have, I was desperate to try it. It's been in the UK for some time now, and I've not actually got round to trying it until now! The lovely Glossybox UK team got in touch to see if I wanted to try the September box, so I thought I'd share my first impressions of both the concept, and this month's box in particular.

The September Box
This month, there are 6 products included, with a good variety of beauty products (i.e. not just makeup, or skincare for example!). The Taylor's 32 Whitening Toothpaste is an all natural toothpaste, containing silica and sodium bicarbonate to help with whitening. This is already on the go as I received this just as I came to the end of my other toothpaste! Really enjoying it so far, but can't say I've noticed a huge whitening effect so far (5 days in!). The second product I was excited to try was the Pixi Brow Tamer, which is essentially a clear brow gel. After being fairly recently introduced to Pixi, this is another product to add to my collection! You might think it's easy to find a clear brow gel, but in my experience, some can be clumpy/gloopy, run out too quickly or just don't do the job of keeping brow hairs in place, but so far this one seems to be doing the trick! I'm pretty sure it's actually the full size too, which is worth £12 so seems like a good bargain to be included in the box! Also in the makeup category is the Siligel Blender which is one of those silicone makeup blenders that were all over Instagram not long ago. I have tried one of these in the past and wasn't hugely impressed, but I'll see if this one can change my mind! 
Monu is a brand I'm hearing more and more about, and I remember trying their glowy primer from the Feel Unique Advent calendar last year and really liking it. Their Firming Fiji Facial Oil is included in the box (travel size) which contains a blend of essential oils to make the skin firmer and more radiant. This is actually aimed at dry skin, so would probably be too rich for me at the moment, so I might pass this on or try it when the winter air is making my skin drier! 
Talking of winter air, a hand cream is an essential for me over winter as I find my hands can get very dry, and so I'll be saving my SkinFix Hand Repair Cream for then as it's a medicinal hand cream so will help to soothe dry hands. 
And finally, you get a Kinder Bueno as a fab chocolate treat in the box this month! 

Glossybox Impressions
This box definitely lived up to my expectations of Glossybox - it was packaged absolutely beautifully in the iconic pink box, and there was a little card which explained a little bit about each product included. In my experience, it's one of the cheapest beauty boxes out there, so great if you're a beauty addict on a budget or just want to treat yourself to something new each month as you can get plans for as little as £8.50 a month - that's only 2 or 3 Starbucks! For me, the winners of this box are the Pixi Brow Tamer and the Taylor's 32 Toothpaste as not only are they full size products, but I feel like pretty much everyone would use them (and the Kinder Bueno, of course!). I was slightly disappointed at the Monu product as I don't feel like it suits my skin, so maybe a separate options for dry/normal/oily skin could be created, although I guess that would be a bit complicated! If you take a look at the brands they've used for Glossybox's though, you could pretty much guarantee you'll have heard of 90% of them, which is also a bonus for beauty boxes as I've seen so many where most of the box is unheard-of brands. 

What do you think of beauty boxes? Have you tried Glossybox - or any others? 

Comments

Popular Posts