Why 'Get The Glow' Is The Best Healthy Cookbook


My takes on the Monkfish Curry with Cauliflower Rice (did it here with chicken instead), Turkey meatballs with tomato sauce and courgetti, Healthy chocolate cherry fudge (just did without cherries)

Madeleine's Grain-free Chocolate Granola

As soon as I got Madeleine Shaw's 'Get The Glow' book for my birthday, I was so keen to dig in and get started on some of the recipes! As I'm still living at home, I've had to make a few alterations to some things to please everyone, but I've also been enjoying making the recipes just for me for lunches/snacks etc. 
What I love about this book is that it includes a bit of everything: a lot of healthy cookbooks seem to be vegan/vegetarian, and although I admire that lifestyle, I personally couldn't do it, and so it's nice to see some healthy recipes including chicken, turkey, beef etc. It's also refreshingly realistic - so many of the recipes are really quick and easy to do and I haven't found anything too complicated. I've included images of some of the things I've made from the book. Unfortunately, some of the recipes do call for a food processor, which I don't have, so they're off limits at the moment. However, I've managed to whip up the monkfish curry - I did it with chicken as that's what we had in, but it was just as yummy and I really liked the cauliflower rice. A favourite of mine (and my family!) was the turkey meatballs - they were pretty simple to make and the tomato sauce was so easy and quick - a great weekday tea! For sweet treats, I've made the chocolate cherry fudge (without cherries) and that was surprisingly yummy! I've also tried the raw brownies but they were slightly too bitter for me, so they're the only thumbs down I have so far. 
I also tried the grain free chocolate granola. As I said earlier, we don't have a food processor, so the nuts probably weren't as crushed as I'd liked, but it still made for a tasty healthy breakfast, paired with almond milk and fruit.
I really like how the recipes are sectioned into breakfast, lunch, speedy suppers, weekend wonders, snacks, drinks etc, as it makes it really easy to find an option for the week/next day, as all the recipes for each time of day are in one place. Before the recipes, there is also the Get The Glow challenge. I haven't read as much about this, but it seems pretty tough, and essentially involves cutting out all processed sugars from your diet. Now, I'd say I'm pretty healthy, but I live by the 80/20 rule so could never fully give up my treats!
So there you have it - why 'Get The Glow' is my Number 1 healthy cookbook. Let me know in the comments if you have this, or if you can recommend any more to me!



Comments

Popular Posts