Spring Boots Haul!


On the usual Boots trip last weekend, I picked up a few nice "Spring" bits and bobs that I can't wait to try out and review! It's basically 'base' products and nail products as I think they're the things that change most in spring. Generally, nail colours go lighter and base products get more lightweight and glowing. Here's a little brief about what I bought! Look out for reviews of these products on CTHRNSYR in the near future:


Nail Products
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint, £3.99 each - I absolutely love the Barry M Gelly nail polishes and they're such good quality for the price so I got 2 more! I already had Pomegranate and Blueberry so I got some gorgeous spring "Barbie" colours called Dragon Fruit (pink) and Prickly Pear (lilac). Lily Pebbles mentioned them in her Essie Alternatives so when I saw them, they looked too pretty to leave behind!
L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Polish, £4.99 - My sister had seen a pretty light pink colour from L'Oreal so this went into the basket too! It's called 204 Boudoir Rose which is such a pretty name and conviniently, it looks like a mix of the two Barry M polishes! I had a couple of the Color Riche polishes and have been impressed by them - not to mention the packaging is so sleek and travel friendly!


Base Products
L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream, £9.99 - To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why I got this! I saw it whilst I was queuing up and I thought "hmm, I haven't tried a CC cream" and it went in the basket! I know there's been some hype about what they're like and what they do so I'm intrigued to find out for myself. There are 3 different types from the L'Oreal range (Fatigue, Redness and Dullness) and I got the Anti-Redness one which has a green pigment to neutralise the red. I'm really interested to see what this is like as I want to be able to use a lighter base for summer whilst still getting some coverage.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, £8.99 - Ah, the infamous Wake Me Up foundation. I want to see for myself why this foundation is raved about so much. It claims to give a "radiant glow" which is right up my street! I also think this will be nice for summer when I want a bit more coverage but nothing too drastic. It also has SPF 15 in it which is good! I got the shade 100 Ivory which I believe is the second lightest shade. I swatched it when I got home on my jawline and it looked like a good match so I'll see what it's like when I use it properly!

So there are the products I'll be testing out for the next few weeks before reporting back to you guys! I think it's important to switch up your makeup routine in the springtime because generally you need less coverage, you want to use lighter colours and you may need darker base colours depending on how well you tan (which is not at all for me!). What are you trying out this spring? Comment below :)



Comments

Popular Posts