3 New Liquid Lipsticks | REVIEW/FIRST IMPRESSIONS


When in America in July (was that seriously 2 months ago already?!), I picked up 3 new liquid lipsticks that have all been hugely raved about in the beauty industry: the Lipland Amrezy Collection 'Rezy', Kat Von D 'Bow & Arrow' and ABH 'Milkshake'. As any UK beauty junkie will tell you, anything we can't get over here immediately becomes a must-have, and so if you want to see my full crazy US beauty haul - click here. I've been giving these all a whirl since then, so I thought I'd share my thoughts so far! First off, let's check out the swatches:

(L-R: Lipland 'Rezy', KVD 'Bow & Arrow', ABH 'Milkshake')

I have to say, from the outset 'Rezy' was always going to be my favourite. The most perfect peachy pink - you can see me wearing it a lot on my Instagram (here, here...). It has a really thin consistency, but is surprisingly opaque and doesn't feel drying on my lips at all. Because it has a thinner, more watery consistency, it doesn't feel too heavy on the lips and stays on really well. The only annoying thing is that it is probably the hardest to get hold of - but honestly if you can, it's worth it! As a heads up, I got mine from Ricky's in NYC, so if you're in New York anytime too, it's definitely worth going.
I was probably most excited about trying the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks as they're raved about so much all over social media. 'Bow & Arrow' was the only one I got from the collection and I definitely have mixed thoughts about it. I absolutely love how it looks on the swatch here, but it doesn't quite translate like that on my lips and looks a lot darker (see it here). I'm going to continue to experiment with it, but it just wasn't the colour that I expected it to be having seen so many images of it. The lasting power isn't great either, as I found it to be the quickest to wear off out of the three. However, I love the thin, sleek packaging and applicator, and it does come out very opaque when I first apply it, but I'm not quite sure that it's worth the hype.
Finally, I got 'Milkshake' from Anastasia Beverly Hills. ABH is one of my all time favourite brands, and I couldn't wait to try their liquid lipsticks. I originally wanted 'Pure Hollywood' but it was constantly sold out, and as I don't have a shade quite like this one, I thought I'd give it a go. As it's such a light baby pink, I'm yet to master this on it's own, but I have worn it to lighten another lip colour, or as a subtle ombre lip (see here), and it works really nicely and blends into other lip colours well. The consistency is definitely the thickest of the three, and I find it can go a bit stringy on my lips if I apply too much, but the lasting power is incredible. It is probably the most drying out of the three, so make sure you're lips are well exfoliated and moisturised before applying (although I think that goes for most liquid lipsticks!).
Have you tried any of these? Let me know if you have (and your thoughts) in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts